Eight voice analog drum computer & sampler
Layer distinctive analog percussion with digital samples. Bring in the power of sequencing and performance controls. For rhythmic discoveries in the studio and on stage: the Analog Rytm MKII is a one-stop solution beat machine. A different drum.
True analog punch
Feel the depth of booming kick drums, the snarling bite of snares, the bellow of toms, and the airy shimmer of hi-hats. Pick from multiple uniquely crafted synthesis models (called machines) for varied percussive sounds. Tweak the sound-shaping parameters to make those models your own, and experience the exquisite character of an analog ride, kick, or cowbell. The dual VCO synth engine adds a charmingly chubby bass level to your compositions. Fine-tune to your liking and get cracking.
Sample and mold
What sets the Analog Rytm MKII apart is the addition of a digital sample layer. Sampling is dead easy. Choose the source – the inputs, any of the internal tracks, or the main outs – complete your recording, trim the sample, and that's that. Swiftly set the pitch, direction, looping or one-shot behavior, and bitrate. Sample and re-sample. Mold it to the limits of your imagination.
More than a drum machine
When you have captured and edited your samples (or chosen pre-recorded ones), carry on and tweak the analog and digital layers to make your sounds as smooth, as rough, or as fantastic as you like.
Treat that combination to some analog filtering and overdrive on each track for jaw-dropping results. To finish off, take a route through the analog distortion and compressor circuits while adding even more bells and whistles with the digital reverb and delay effects. Add movement to your sound using the multi-waveform LFO and its great number of destinations.
Performance and connectivity
When you have your sounds ready to go, release your beats using the velocity-sensitive pads. Or play your sounds and samples chromatically. The pads can also be used to activate up to 12 performance macros (multiple parameter changes), making fine use of their pressure-sensitive nature. Or use the quick performance knob for instant access to any of your macros. Another mode lets you use the pads for more drastic, on/off, scene changes.
Enjoy one-handed operation of pattern or sound changes. The super-crisp OLED display makes performing in the dark a joy. Individual audio outputs for each voice ensure this drum machine fits just as snugly in a vintage analog studio recording session as in a modern digital one. Class compliance gives you the freedom of connectivity and makes USB MIDI and audio smoother than ever before.
The full-featured step sequencer lets you control both structure and sound. Press a step and tweak any parameter change into it for ultra-fast and detailed sequencing – parameter locking.
Real-time record every twist and turn you make if you like, or build your composition one tonal nuance at a time. Add some controlled randomness and logic with the variety-friendly trig conditions. Build patterns from your sequence, then create a full-blown composition from them using the convenient song editor.
The Analog Rytm MKII comes loaded with phenomenal factory content to kick off your music-making. The likes of Eraldo Bernocchi, Lucifer’s Aid, and (d) glitched, as well as the intrepid Elektron team, have gathered together this fresh bank of patterns and kits to dive straight into, giving you access to a hearty and varied bunch of musical ideas right out of the box.
Drum voice features (×8)
- Fully analog signal path
- 1 × specialized analog percussion sound generator
- 1 × sample playback engine
- 1 × analog overdrive circuit
- 1 × 2-pole analog multi-mode filter
- 1 × panning VCA pair
- 1 × filter envelope
- 1 × amp envelope
- 2 × individual effect sends
- 1 × assignable LFO
- 1 × dedicated LFO fade envelope
- 128 projects (+Drive)
- 128 kits per project
- 128 patterns per project
- 16 songs per Project
- 4096 sounds (+Drive sound library)
- 128 sounds per project
- 127 samples per project
- 1 GB +Drive sample storage
- 12 drum tracks
- 1 FX track
- Sequencer MIDI Out
- Up to 64 steps per pattern
- Individual length per track
- Individual scale per track
- Parameter locks
- Step recording mode
- Trig preview
- Trig probability
- Instant pattern, kit, and sound reload
- Live-friendly performance mode
- Trig mute, swing, slide, accent functions
- Trig conditions
- Micro timing
- Chromatic mode
- Scene mode
- Sample-per-step change
- Sound-per-step change
- Assignable retrig
- Full real-time control
Analog stereo distortion
Analog stereo compressor
- 12 large, velocity, pressure sensitive, and backlit pads
- 128 × 64 pixel OLED screen
- MIDI In/Out/Thru with DIN sync out
- 2 × 1/4” impedance balanced audio out jacks
- 1 × 1/4” stereo headphone jack
- 8 × 1/4” impedance balanced individual track output jacks
- 2 × 1/4” balanced audio in jacks
- 2 × 1/4” ext in jacks
- 2 × 1/4” CV/Expression inputs
- 48 kHz, 24-bit D/A, and A/D converters
- USB 2.0 Hi-Speed port
Balanced audio outputs
- Headphones out level: +15 dBu (55 Ω)
- Main outputs level: +15 dBu
- Individual outputs level: +15 dBu
- Output impedance: 440 Ω unbalanced
Unbalanced external inputs
Input level: +15 dBu maximum
Audio input impedance: 9 kΩ
Balanced audio inputs
- Input level: +15 dBu maximum
- Audio input impedance: 19 kΩ
- Digital S/N ratio: 110 dB (20–20.000 Hz)
- Input voltage on tip: -5 V–+5 V. Supplies +5 V on ring
- Accepts CV, expression pedals
Unit power consumption: 14 W typical, 20 W maximum.
Recommended power supply: 12 V DC, 2A
- Aluminum enclosure
- Dimensions: W385 × D225 × H82 mm (15.2 × 8.85 × 3.3″) including knobs, jacks and feet
- Weight: approximately 2.4 kg (5.3 lbs)
- Overbridge enabled
- Class compliant USB audio
- 3 year Elektron warranty
Included in the box
- Power Supply PSU-3c
- Elektron USB cable
- Quick Guide
Analog Rytm MKII and Overbridge provide a compact, convenient and flexible drum machine complement to a computer-based rig.
Support & Downloads
Latest OS updates and manuals can be found in the Analog Rytm MKII support section.