Resources for Machinedrum
- Machinedrum / Machinedrum UW OS 1.63 — May 23, 2016
OS compatible with all Machinedrum versions. This release adds improved handling of program change messages. For a full list of changes, see the documentation included with the upgrade zip-file.
- Machinedrum Factory Patch Pack OS 1.50 — May 23, 2016
Fresh sounds for your Machinedrum. These patches are compatible with all versions of the Machinedrum.
- Machinedrum Factory Patch Pack OS 1.0 — May 23, 2016
Original patterns and kits that came factory installed with Machinedrum OS 1.0. These patches are compatible with all versions of the Machinedrum.
- C6 SysEx Manager + Manual — May 23, 2013
The Windows and OSX versions of the SysEx utility C6 1.51. Use C6 to load samples or user waveforms to and from your Elektron machines. C6 is also ideal when performing SysEx memory dumps.
- Machinedrum User Manual (English) — May 23, 2016
The Machinedrum/Machinedrum UW User Manual in English (OS 1.63).
- Machinedrum Quick Start (English) — May 23, 2016
The Machinedrum/Machinedrum UW Quick Start manual in English.
- Machinedrum User Manual (Japanese) — May 23, 2015
The Machinedrum/Machinedrum UW User Manual in Japanese (OS 1.30).
- Are the MKI and the MKII power supplies compatible?No. You can harm your unit if you use the wrong PSU.
- Can I export a MIDI file to my machine?No. You can however record incoming MIDI notes using the Live Recording feature.
- Can my Machinedrum MKI be equipped with a +Drive?No, we do not perform any upgrades or repairs on MKI units.
- Does the Elektron sequencer offer pendulum, random or backwards modes?No.
- How do I obtain spare parts for my machine?Register a support case by logging in to elektron.se. Elektron support will help you set up a spare part order.
- How do I restore the factory pattern and kits?The easiest way to do this is to perform a factory reset. Keep the Function button depressed and power on the unit. Perform the factory reset by pressing the third button of the step sequencers. Note that everything you have stored will be erased. This procedure is also described in the Machinedrum manual, p. 77.
- How do I upgrade the OS of my Machinedrum?We recommend you to download and install our free SysEx-program C6, found in the Machinedrum Support section. The upgrade process is described in the manual, also downloadable in the Support section, on page 79.
- I have a feature requestPlease e-mail email@example.com
- I have a problem, how do I get support?Use your account to log in to elektron.se and register a support case from the account pages.
- I want to store my patterns/kits/songs/globals on a computer. How do I do?We recommend you to download and install our free SysEx-program C6, found in the Support section. A step by step instruction on how to transfer Sysex can be found in the manual.
- Is it possible to upgrade the SPS-1 MKI/MKII to an SPS-1UW MKI/MKII?No. We used to offer upgrade kits for the SPS-1 MKI, turning the unit into a SPS-1UW MKI. These kits have been sold out and we currently have no plans of making them available again. The same applies for MKII units. We have no plans of offering MKI to MKII upgrade kits or MKII UW upgrades.
- Is the latest Machinedrum OS compatible with my old Machinedrum?Yes. The latest OS works on all variants. Older OS’s may only work on older variants.
- My machine is displaying ‘Battery Low’The CR 2450 battery in the machine needs to be replaced. All Machinedrum & Monomachine MKII units and the Octatrack use a battery holder - no soldering is required to replace the battery.
- Power supply:A switched mode power supply for the MKII units, which allows the units to be used all over the globe without the need of voltage converters. MKI units use an AC power supply. The two power supply types are not compatible.
- S/N Ratio and outputs:The S/N ratio of the Machinedrum MKII is 100 dB. The outputs are impedance balanced. The S/N ratio of the Machinedrum MKI is 91 dB. The outputs are unbalanced.
- The parameter locks of my patterns aren’t registered?Please check so you’re not accidentally in Classic mode.
- The window covering the LCD screen seems to be scratched?Make sure you have removed the plastic film covering the LCD screen.
- What are the differences between the MKI and MKII Machinedrum models?Design: The height of the Machinedrum MKII is 63 mm including rubber feet and encoders. The height of the Machinedrum MKI is 77 mm including rubber feet and encoders.
- What are the specifications of the MKI power supply?AC/AC, 220v (input), 6v (output), 3 ampere (output). The tip: 5.5×2.5x12mm
- What are the specifications of the MKII power supply?The output specification of the MKII power supply is 6 VDC, 3.5 A maximum, 43-60 Hz.The size of the output connector is 5.5×2.5 mm (DC plug, power at center). Input connector: IEC320-C8 (2 prong). An equivalent PSU is an AC to DC adapter, outputs 6-7 VDC, at least 2 A, preferably 3 A, into a 5.5×2.5 mm circular plug with power (+) at centre. Do not use a 3 prong (safety grounded) adapter as this may seriously lower the audio quality.
- What features are added by having a UW model of the Machinedrum?The UW Machinedrum models feature a sampling engine. It allows you to incorporate your own samples in the Machinedrum environment and to capture samples in real time. The UW MKII models feature 2.5 MB of sample memory. The UW MKI models feature 2 MB of sample memory.
- What is the right power supply for my machine?All analog machines use Elektron PSU-3, while the Octatrack and MachinedrumUW MKII/Machinedrum MKII/Monomachine MKII uses PSU-2. PSU-2 and PSU-3 can be ordered from our webshop.
- What is the warranty of this product?3 year parts and labor. For more information about the warranty, please see the Terms and Conditions page.
- What type of screws is used for the rack mount kit?The screws the rack ears use are M3x6 with a Phillips or Pozidriv screwhead. Do not use longer screws and do not use Torx heads as you may easily damage the threading.
- What types of Machinedrum models exist?Machinedrum SPS-1UW+ MKII (released in 2010) Machinedrum SPS-1UW MKII (released in 2007) Machinedrum SPS-1UW MKI (released in 2005) Machinedrum SPS-1 MKII (released in 2007) Machinedrum SPS-1 MKI (released in 2001)
- What’s the difference between trig mutes and sound mutes and which machine uses which type of mute?Trig Mutes will mute the triggers (notes) in the sequencer and will not mute the audio, any sound that is muted in this fashion will stop playing notes according to its parameters. Sound Mutes mute the actual sound output of the track, and will happen instantly. The Octatrack uses Sound Mutes while all other machines use Trig Mutes.
- Where can I find the latest Machinedrum OS?It’s found in the Machinedrum Support section.
- Where can I get hold of a MKI power supply?Please contact Elektron Support. The support form is found in your account. If you don’t yet have an account you can register one here.
- Where can I get hold of the Machinedrum factory presets?You can download the latest preset bank in the Support section. There you will also find older preset banks as well as UW Sample Packs.
- Where can I get hold of the Machinedrum manual?The latest version is available as a downloadable pdf in the Machinedrum Support section.
- If you can't find what you are looking for, you may login with your Elektron account and create a support ticket. If you don't have an account already you can create one in the next step.
Create a ticket
Licence to use files on this page: You may download and utilize all files on this page for personal use. You may not edit or otherwise modify any material on this page; or redistribute material from this page.