Resources for Analog Keys
- Analog Keys/Four OS 1.50A — Oct 21, 2020
1.50 adds new features and improvements, as well as providing a number of bug fixes. 1.50A adds additional bug fixes. For a full list of changes, see the release notes.
Release notes DownloadNote: Overbridge 1.15 (or older) will stop working if you install this firmware update. Back up your projects! If you later decide to downgrade, your projects need to have been backupped before upgrading to this version.
- Elektron Transfer 1.2.2 (Mac) — Feb 27, 2020
Elektron Transfer tool for transferring samples, presets and firmware updates to Analog Rytm MKI/MKII, Analog Four MKI/MKII, Analog Heat MKI/MKII, Analog Keys, Digitakt, Digitone, Digitone Keys, Model:Samples, and Model:Cycles. Compatible with macOS 10.11 and later.
Release notes Download
- Elektron Transfer 1.2.2 (Win) — Feb 27, 2020
Elektron Transfer tool for transferring samples, presets and firmware updates to Analog Rytm MKI/MKII, Analog Four MKI/MKII, Analog Heat MKI/MKII, Analog Keys, Digitakt, Digitone, Digitone Keys, Model:Samples, and Model:Cycles. (Compatible with Windows 8.1 and later)
Release notes Download
- Analog Keys User Manual (English) — Dec 8, 2020
The Analog Keys User Manual contains all relevant info about the machine.
- Analog Keys Quick Start (English) — Apr 19, 2016
The Analog Keys Quick Start manual in English.
- Analog Keys User Manual (Japanese) — Apr 19, 2016
The Analog Keys User Manual in Japanese (OS 1.1).
- Are the Analog Keys and the Analog Four patch compatible?Yes they are.
- Can I export a MIDI file to my machine?No. You can however record incoming MIDI notes using the Live Recording feature.
- Can I use any USB cable for my machine?Yes, any USB2 cable with A-B connectors will work.
- Can I use the analog filters of the machine to filter incoming signals?Yes. The external inputs can be used for this. It is even possible to link the filters to form a parameter lockable filter bank consisting of up to 8 filters (4 ladder filters, 4 multi-mode filters).
- Can I use the Analog Four/Keys to sequence my modular system?Yes! Four/Keys can output 4 separate Control Voltages that can be configured in numerous ways. Aside from linear CV and standard V/Oct / Gate pair, it is possible to set up trigger output (up to 10V), and HZ/Volt.
- Can I use the Analog Keys as a MIDI controller?Yes. Press the dedicated MIDI Ext button and the Analog Keys will operate as a MIDI controller keyboard. The keyboard, the encoders, and the joystick can now control external MIDI gear. The MIDI channels and CC parameters to be used in MIDI Ext mode are completely user configurable.
- Can the Analog Keys be played polyphonically?Yes. Voice allocation is very flexible. The Analog Keys can be used in a four note polyphonic mode, in a four part multitimbral mode, and in a four note unison mode. It is also possible to mix and match between the modes.
- Does the Analog Four/Keys use any special-purpose chips for its oscillators and filters?No. The oscillators are constructed from the ground up, in order to obtain a richer sound and provide more features. The ladder filter is based upon discrete low-noise transistors, the multimode filter uses high-quality VCAs. The combination of tradition and innovation gives a unique sound with many possibilities not found in other analog or digital synthesizers.
- Does the Analog Keys and the Analog Four sound exactly the same?The Analog Keys uses the same means of analog sound generation as the Analog Four, but features circuits fine-tuned for delivering deep bass.
- Does the Analog Keys use any special-purpose chips for its oscillators and filters?No. The oscillators are constructed from the ground up, in order to obtain a richer sound and provide more features. The ladder filter is based upon discrete low-noise transistors, the multimode filter uses high-quality VCAs. The combination of tradition and innovation gives a unique sound with many possibilities not found in other analog or digital synthesizers.
- Does the Elektron sequencer offer pendulum, random or backwards modes?No.
- How do I obtain spare parts for my machine?Register a support case by logging in to elektron.se. Elektron support will help you set up a spare part order.
- How many parameters can be controlled with the joystick?Up to 15 parameters can be controlled.
- I have a feature requestPlease e-mail email@example.com
- I have a problem, how do I get support?Use your account to log in to elektron.se and register a support case from the account pages.
- Is the power supply of the Analog Keys internal?Yes.
- Is there a midi sequencer in Analog Keys/Four/Rytm?From OS versions 1.50 (Analog Rytm), and 1.40 (Analog Four/Keys) and above, all sequencer tracks can be set to send sequencer data through the MIDI OUT or USB ports to control external, MIDI equipped, gear. Each track sends note on/off and velocity data over MIDI.
- My Analog device outputs a constant buzzing tone when connected to a computer via USBOpen the 'Overbridge Control Panel' application and disable or enable any channel from the machine making the noise. Note that you need to press 'Apply' to confirm the change.
- My Analog Four/Keys/Rytm only has 512 presets, how can I find the rest of the 4000+ presets?The +Drive allows for storage of 4000+ preset sounds, but the factory content consists of 512 presets for the Four/Keys and 256 for the Rytm.
- The window covering the LCD screen seems to be scratched?Make sure you have removed the plastic film covering the LCD screen.
- What about Multi map mode?Multi map mode allows keyboard splits, pattern trigging per key, Sound trigging per key, and more. Thanks to the Multi map mode, for example analog drum kits, bass lines, and lead sounds can be played simultaneously. Ideal for performances and live improvisations.
- What about the FX?Tailored especially for analog synthesizers, the Wideshift Chorus features an adjustable center position of the modulation along with controllable depth around that point. The filters can be tweaked for BBD-type sonics.The Saturator Delay features a user controllable overdrive block, injecting dirt into the signal. High feedback settings in combination with saturation will give rise to a gradually increasing level of filth that can be transformed to your own liking using the high- and low-pass filters.With its wide stereo image and extended decay time, the Supervoid Reverb invites you for a ride into the abyss. The characteristics of this vast space can be altered with the high-shelving filter.
- What can I use the CV/Gate outputs for?Analog equipment of all kinds can be sequenced with the dedicated CV track. Old and new synthesizers with Control Voltage inputs, modular systems, analog sequencers, etc. The four CV/Gate outputs of the Analog Keys/Four can also be controlled by incoming MIDI data, which may eliminate your need of external MIDI-to-CV converters.The CV/Gate outputs can output Control Voltages for controlling any parameter or pitch (both V/oct and Hz/V with variable scalings and offsets), Trig & Gate pulses for trigging envelopes (both V-trig and S-trig with any levels up to 10 volts), and repetitive Clock pulses for syncing analog sequencers, drum machines, LFOs and more. The CV track also has dedicated envelopes and LFOs that can be output as Control Voltages. Even though there is just one dedicated CV sequencer track, the notes from any track can be the source of CV/Gate events, meaning that external synths can follow internal synth tracks. It is also possible for the FX track to host “hidden” notes which are not used by the effects, but instead for CV/Gate purposes – basically providing a second independent CV/Gate sequencer track in addition to the CV track. You can for instance send two pairs of CV/Gate to two external analog synths. Or one pair of CV/Gate plus two extra CVs to sequence other parameters like filter cutoff and volume. Or four trig signals to start various events. Or four completely independent CVs. Or any combination in between. Your analog studio can finally be controlled in the most efficient way by the notes, patterns and powerful parameter locks of the Elektron sequencer – or via incoming MIDI.
- What is the difference between Sounds residing in the Project Sound Pool and those in the +Drive Sound Library?Sounds can be loaded to a kit from either the +Drive Sound library or the Sound Pool of the active project. The difference between the two is that the +Drive Sound library can consist of 4096 Sounds, available to all projects, while a Sound pool is a part of a project and limited to 128 Sounds. The major benefit of Sounds loaded to the Sound Pool is the possibility for them to be Sound locked, meaning each step of the sequencer can trig a different Sound. This feature is not available for Sounds located in the +Drive Sound library.
- What is the difference between the tracks?Track 1 to 4 are synth tracks. Each track controls a synth voice. Track 5 is the FX track, which controls the chorus, delay and reverb. The CV track is used for controlling the signals sent from the dual CV/Gate outputs. The parameters of all track types can of course be parameter locked.
- What is the Performance mode?In the Performance mode up to ten parameter macros, controlled by dedicated knobs, can be set up. A parameter macro makes it possible to control several track parameters at once by turning a single knob.Parameters assigned to a performance macro can be affected either in a positive or negative fashion when turning a parameter macro knob. This makes it possible to for example increase the pitch of the oscillators of track 1 while the cutoff parameters of the filters of track 2 are decreased.
Performance mode is perfect when performing live. By carefully setting up parameter macros you might find that you don't have to leave this mode at all during your live set.
- What is the right power supply for my machine?All analog machines use Elektron PSU-3, while the Octatrack and MachinedrumUW MKII/Machinedrum MKII/Monomachine MKII uses PSU-2. PSU-2 and PSU-3 can be ordered from our webshop.
- What is the storage space of the Analog Keys?Enjoy a greatly expanded storage space with the implemented +Drive. Store up to 128 projects, where each project can feature 128 patterns, 128 kits, 16 songs, 128 Project Sound Pool Sounds, and 4 globals. Furthermore, the +Drive Sound Library allows 4096 Sounds, all taggable and easy to locate, to be stored.
- What is the USB port used for?MIDI can be received through the USB port. The port can also be used when upgrading the OS, and Overbridge functionality
- What is the warranty of this product?3 year parts and labor. For more information about the warranty, please see the Terms and Conditions page.
- What’s the biggest differences between Analog Four and Analog Keys?Analog Keys has individual outputs for the four voices, while Analog Four has not. Analog Keys also has a circuitry tuned for a slightly deeper bass response.
- What’s the difference between trig mutes and sound mutes and which machine uses which type of mute?Trig Mutes will mute the triggers (notes) in the sequencer and will not mute the audio, any sound that is muted in this fashion will stop playing notes according to its parameters. Sound Mutes mute the actual sound output of the track, and will happen instantly. The Octatrack uses Sound Mutes while all other machines use Trig Mutes.
- Which parts of the machine are analog and which are digital?Both oscillators of each voice are analog, with all their elaborate waveshaping completely analog, and with their pitches controlled digitally. The noise generator is digital. The two filters, and the overdrive circuit between them, of each voice are fully analog. The amplifiers are analog. The envelopes and LFOs are digital. Their design allow them to go well into audio range.The signal path from the oscillators to the audio outputs is completely analog. The signal path from the external inputs to the audio outputs is also fully analog. The digital send effects are parallel to the main audio path, and the wet signals from the digital send effects are mixed with the dry analog signal before the main output stage.
- Why are there no effects on the individual outputs of my Analog Rytm or KeysThe effects are send effects.
- If you can't find what you are looking for, you may login with your Elektron account and create a support ticket. If you don't have an account already you can create one in the next step.
Create a ticket
Licence to use files on this page: You may download and utilize all files on this page for personal use. You may not edit or otherwise modify any material on this page; or redistribute material from this page.