Gothenburg, Sweden (please note this is an on-site-only role)
Elektron builds state-of-the-art music machines with deep functionality and exceptional sonic capabilities. We are expanding our team in order to push the edge of music creation. With a track record of iconic products such as the Machinedrum, Octatrack, and Digitakt, Elektron has become uniquely positioned in its ability to execute on uncompromising ideas.
Elektron highly values creativity and gives room, due to small teams and a flat hierarchy, for every idea to be heard. Joining the Elektron team means being trusted in your abilities.
Elektron is looking for a highly skilled Rust engineer to join our team working on a cutting-edge software platform which will drive the next generation of our instruments. In this role, you will be a key contributor to core platform code, product-specifics, and the crucial API design connecting distinct layers.
- BSc or equivalent in computer science or related field
- 2 years of industry experience working as a software engineer
- Deep knowledge of Rust and API design
- Exceptional engineering abilities, including a strong sense for documentation
- Ability to adapt to, and interest in finding best fitting technologies
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Passionate about music
- Deep knowledge in some of the following areas
- Audio programming
- Network programming
- Embedded Linux
- Build systems
What we offer
- A team of experts in their domain
- Competitive salary
- International relocation assistance
- For non-EU citizens we provide support for VISA/work permit application
- Nice view of the harbor from our office
Elektron welcomes applications from all sections of society. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, religion or belief, ethnic or national origin, disability, age, citizenship, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other basis as protected by applicable law.