Sweden or Germany
About Elektron and the role
On-site position in Gothenburg/Berlin, or remote from within Sweden or Germany.
Elektron builds state-of-the-art music machines with deep functionality and exceptional sonic capabilities. We are expanding our team in order to push the edge of music creation. With a track record of iconic products such as Machinedrum, Octatrack and Digitakt, Elektron has become uniquely positioned in its ability to execute on uncompromising ideas.
Elektron highly values creativity and gives room, due to small teams and a flat hierarchy, for every idea to be heard. Joining the Elektron team means being trusted in your abilities.
Elektron is looking for a skilled Rust engineer to join our team working on a cutting-edge software platform which will drive the next generation of our instruments. In this role, you will be developing both core platform code as well as product features. You can work either on-site in our Gothenburg headquarters or in our Berlin hub. You can also work remotely from any other Swedish or German locations.
- BSc or equivalent in computer science or related field
- 2 years of industry experience working as a software engineer
- Significant non-professional software development experience (hobby projects etc.)
- Deep knowledge of Rust and API design
- Strong engineering skills, including a sense for documentation and tests
- Ability to adapt to, and interest in finding best fitting technologies
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills (English)
- Passionate about music or music production
- Experience with soft real-time systems
- Experience with concurrency and multithreading
- Software optimization, profiling and performance tuning
- Linux and Linux audio subsystems
- High-level understanding of audio plugin APIs
No prior experience of digital signal processing is required for this role.
What we offer
- A team of experts in their domain
- Competitive salary
- Nice view of the harbor from our office (Gothenburg)
- Occasional travels to Gothenburg HQ
Elektron welcomes applications from all sections of society. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, religion or belief, ethnic or national origin, disability, age, citizenship, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other basis as protected by applicable law.