Elektron Transfer Release Notes
Elektron Music Machines
May 10, 2023
Elektron Transfer is your go-to tool for managing the content of your Elektron instruments. It offers great expandability in terms of upgrading your instrument with new samples and sounds. You can also back up your projects, including samples, in order to share with others or save them in a safe spot. Please read the full Transfer User Manual for more detailed instructions on how to use the application and for a list of compatible Elektron devices. Also, pay attention to the system requirements.
Should you experience any problems or find any bugs, please report this to
Elektron support: http://www.elektron.se/support
The Elektron development team
Computer Operating System
Transfer 1.6.7 supports the following computer operating systems.
- 64-bit Apple computer with macOS 10.13 or higher (12 recommended). 32-bit architectures are not supported.
- PC with Windows 8 or higher (Windows 11 recommended).
Elektron recommends the following hardware specifications.
- At least 4 GB of RAM.
- Intel Core i5 CPU or higher (Windows/macOS), or Apple Silicon (macOS).
List of changes from 1.5.1 to 1.6.7
- Add support for Heat +FX.
- Drop OS Upgrade zip without extracting .syx to upgrade. Also works from the connection page.
- Rename all the device file types on the device from Transfer.
- New Connection Page Design.
- Disable some right-click context items where not applicable.
List of changes from 1.5.0 to 1.5.1
- The sample space bar is now red when +DRIVE is 95% full.
- When backing up, the transfer progress bar is now used to indicate the progress of the backup progress of the whole project, not each individual file.
- Improved the instructions for connecting the physical MIDI port in recovery mode.
- Added a right-click menu for splitting and summing samples on the computer side.
- SYSEX TRANSFER didn't appear when dropping .syx files on the DROP page.
- The sound samples could sometimes end up in the wrong folder when transferring multiple samples.
List of changes from 1.4.0 to 1.5.0
- New layout.
- Added the ability to move multiple Sounds between banks.
- Added the right-click option “Retry rename" on failed transfers.
- Elektron MIDI interfaces are now auto-selected.
- Added a warning when trying to drop a non-supported external file.
- The "Keep active in view" setting is now saved between sessions.
- Added Destination/Source folder cells in the progress row.
- Added the functionality to show how much available storage is left.
- Added "Save To.." to the right click context menu on items in the EXPLORE page.
- The loop points are now kept when resampling.
- Changed the popup window displayed on OS upgrade complete to CONNECTION page overlay.
- All data was in some cases not included when sending a project .syx via the SYSEX TRANSFER page
- The transfer progress bar was full before starting to send.
- Samples/Presets/Projects stayed selected when they should have been deselected.
- Pressing OK after OS Upgrade could in rare circumstances cause Transfer to become unresponsive.
- The sample list could in rare circumstances show content from an earlier connected Elektron device.
- It was not possible to drop a folder with Sounds to a specific Sound bank.
- Clicking "Clear all" triggered multiple refreshes causing the device file lists to not update.
- In some circumstances, it was not possible to drag and drop Sounds.
- Dropping files from explorer/finder to the Transfer Computer view did not work.
List of changes from 1.3.7 to 1.4.0
- Update sample services to protect against corrupting data
- Added prefix with locations when backing up multiple sounds or projects
- Add extra checks for free memory when restoring backups
- Only allow single move internally for soundbanks and projects, copy can still be used for multiple entries
- Added .mcpst and .mc-pst in the supported file format list on the drop page
- Added warning when there are not enough free slots when sending multiple backups
- Green light in previously used now means connected to the device
- Hide connect button when connected in previously used
- Fixed errors related to special characters in folder and file names
- Fixed upgrade crash